Fill out the form to get access to our Franchise Report and learn more about our Support Team!
Supporting Your Success
Own a franchise, hold the headaches
HOW BILL DOWD FIXED A CRITICAL CUSTOMER SERVICE PROBLEM FOR ENTREPRENEURS
Do you ignore incoming calls and focus on the current customer?
Or compromise service to answer incoming calls from potential new jobs?
This is a dilemma that Founder Bill Dowd addressed in 1989 when he was figuring out the process that would later become the Skedaddle process.
Hover over or tap on an icon to learn more
The Centralized Call Center
Live, English-speaking agents help pre-qualify customers and book property assessments. This means fewer headaches, more time to focus on growing your business, and spending more time with your family on evenings and weekends!
Dedicated, Passionate, Experienced Team
Bill and his team have over 30 years of experience with wildlife control — there’s no situation they haven’t encountered! They will use their passion for humane wildlife control to train and support you and your staff!
We’ll teach you all you need to know about the wildlife control business. We’ll also be there for your grand opening, and have phone support as-needed for anything that comes up along the way!
We’ve got a deep understanding of what kinds of services people search for when critters invade their homes, and we use this knowledge to create an effective, lead-generating digital presence!
EVENTS AND PROMOTIONS
Brochures, postcards, flyers, vehicle wraps, booths at trade shows — we provide you all the tools you need as part of our integrated approach to creating brand awareness!
Our partnerships with local community SPCA and Humane Societies not only demonstrate our commitment to humane practices and being part of the community, but they also help generate leads for our Owners!
MEET THE TEAM
BILL DOWD, FOUNDER AND CEO
- Founded Skedaddle in 1989, with a unique humane hands-on removal technique rather than a traditional trapping approach to solve urban wildlife problems.
- Steered the company from its humble beginnings in Hamilton, Ontario Canada with one service truck to franchise locations throughout Canada and the US with over 80 service vehicles.
- From 1980 to 1983, he played for the Ontario Hockey League with the Ottawa 67’s and then from 1983 to 1985 with the New York Islanders minor leagues.
- From 1986 to 1989, Bill played for the Brock University Badgers Varsity Hockey Club. Oversees and owns his founder locations that he started over 32 years ago.
- Was the Vice President of the Canadian Master Franchisor for Truly Nolen Pest Control from 2012 to 2019
BARRY DOWD, COO
- In 2008, Barry joined Skedaddle as the Chief Operating Officer to lead the growth of the founder locations and expansion through franchising.
- Was the Vice President of the Canadian Master Franchisor for Truly Nolen Pest Control from 2012 to 2019.
- Directs the training of new Franchise Owners.
COREY LEWIS, DIRECTOR OF TECHNICAL OPERATIONS
- Joined Skedaddle in 1999 as a technician and then advanced into other roles before taking on his current position as Director of Technical Operations.
- Over his career, Corey has been instrumental in launching new business lines, specifically whole home mouse-proofing which was once thought to be impossible, and Skedaddle Pest Control services.
- Mentors and supports Skedaddle franchise partners to help them launch and grow their businesses.
Ryan Rainville, Director of Marketing/General Manager
- Recently led the complete restructuring of the Montreal and Ottawa operations.
- Oversees the Marketing and Call Center departments at the corporate head office as well as overseeing operations for the Ottawa and Montreal locations.
- Involved in the onboarding of new Franchise Owners, assisting with call center launch and marketing programs.
Brandon Crawford, Business Development Manager
- Started his career with Skedaddle in 2002 after earning a diploma in Fish and Wildlife Management from Fleming College.
- Manages the largest sales team among Skedaddle founder locations.
- Helped launch Skedaddle’s attic restoration and Christmas decorating service lines.
- Develops and nurtures relationships with key SPCAs, humane societies, and property managers
Julian Ames, Operations Manager
- Joined Skedaddle in 2004 and has held technician, sales, and supervisor roles.
- Provides support and advice on health and safety, working at heights and unique wildlife removal scenarios.
- Works with Franchise Owners on inventory, products, supplies, and specialized equipment.
Tisha Hicks, General Manager
- Joined Skedaddle in September of 2017 as General Manager
- Prior to Skedaddle, Tisha built a successful career in lawn care service, managing large operations in both Ontario and British Columbia.
- Led the development of Skedaddle’s online learning platform.
FRANCHISE OWNER REVIEWS
“We help people with their problems, we have respect for animals, and we improve their biggest investment — their homes. And when we’re successful with that, we have a happy customer.”
– Andrew Wheelock, SKEDADDLE franchise owner
Halifax and Truro, NOVA SCOTIA
“I knew I wanted to start a wildlife control business, but my lack of experience pushed me in the direction of choosing a franchise over trying to start my own business. Skedaddle’s wealth of experience made that startup a lot easier.”
– Marcus Mueller, SKEDADDLE FRANCHISE OWNER
madison and Milwaukee, WI
READY TO JOIN THE SKEDADDLE PACK?
The perfect franchise opportunity isn’t usually dependent on industry experience.
In fact, if you narrow your search to industries you’ve only been involved with, you can miss out on a lot of cash!
There’s no “one” kind of background that leads to success as a Skedaddle Owner. But, all of our Owners do have a few things in common:
Hover over or tap on an icon to learn more
Strong Management Skills
Whether you’re running a single-van operation or a 5-10 fleet, you’ll need to be able to manage people, time, and jobs.
We give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow your business, but you need that growth mindset!
You don’t need to be enthusiastic about handling wildlife, but you do need to be an enthusiastic person in general: Be enthused about being your own boss and providing a valuable service to your community!
Unlike the vast majority of the animal/pest control industry, Skedaddle never uses traps or kills animals. Our focus is on reinforcing the home in order to prevent a repeat incident.
When you meet with a customer for an estimate, they want to know why Skedaddle’s humane wildlife control approach is the best and how you’ll get the job done right the first time.
Looking For A Pest Control Business Franchise?
Experience and passion have made our pest control franchise business a success
End your search for a pest control business franchise with Skedaddle. Contact us today to learn more about our franchising opportunities!